Chukwa, mail # user - Writing logs collected by chukwa to hbase

RE: Writing logs collected by chukwa to hbase
NehaS Singh 2013-01-07, 06:18
Hi,

Whenever I run the command  $CHUKWA_HOME/bin/chukwa dumpArchive 'datatype=.*' 'hdfs://host:8020/chukwa/archive/*.arc' the following output is displayed
"total of 0 files to search"

Regards,
Neha Singh

From: Eric Yang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 2:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Writing logs collected by chukwa to hbase

There are a few things that you need to do:

1. Configure the collector to use HBaseWriter.

  http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/docs/r0.5.0/collector.html

Make sure that hadoop and hbase configuration are in the classpath of the collector.

2. Write a demux parser for your log file to store on HBase, and this runs in chukwa collector.

  http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/docs/r0.5.0/programming.html

3. What log4j adaptors and appenders are you using to write the log files?
  I would recommend to use socket appender from Log4j and use socket adaptor to listen for the incoming data stream.  This will ensure the records are delimited properly.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Eric