Pig >> mail # user >> Cross product bug pig 0.10?

Cross product bug pig 0.10?
Hi,

Recently I was taking the cross product between 2 bags of tuples one of
which has only one tuple, to append the one with one element to all the
others (I know this is not the best way to do this, it was done as a
prototype). There seems to be a bug with the cross product where not all the
tuples of the larger bag are replicated. All but one of the part files are
empty, and everything works just fine in the local mode (probably because it
uses only one reducer). Is anybody else aware of this issue?

The version is:

Apache Pig version 0.10.0-cdh4.1.2 (rexported)
compiled Nov 01 2012, 18:38:33

Thanks,

Mehmet
+
Jonathan Coveney 2013-05-21, 08:41
+
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2013-05-21, 17:31
+
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2013-05-22, 00:34