Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Deprecate mock in 1.6.0

+
Keith Turner 2013-11-14, 20:41
+
Keith Turner 2013-11-14, 21:08
+
Bill Havanki 2013-11-14, 20:57
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-11-14, 20:54
+
Josh Elser 2013-11-14, 20:49
+
John Vines 2013-11-14, 22:43
+
John Vines 2013-11-14, 22:41
+
Josh Elser 2013-11-14, 22:46
+
John Vines 2013-11-14, 22:54
+
Keith Turner 2013-11-14, 23:27
Re: [VOTE] Deprecate mock in 1.6.0
+0 - what's the number if I'm undecided? I'd prefer to see one uber-cool
one testing mechanism instead of multiples.
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 5:54 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2013 4:46 PM, "Josh Elser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On 11/14/13, 2:41 PM, John Vines wrote:
> >>
> >> Sent from my phone, please pardon the typos and brevity.

> >> rather see effort placed into making MAC a reliable and fast testing
> >> mechanism than helping Mock limp along
> >>
> >> -1
> >>
> >> MAC isn't there yet and I don't think we should deprecate it without a
> >> suitable alternative in place
> >

> > Can you provide why you think "MAC isn't there yet" and what you would
> consider the bar for "suitable alternative" please?
>
> Faster to use, easier to use in junit tests, and easier to debug iterators
> in an ide.
>
> Specifically, the spin up time of mock vs Mac is orders of magnitude.
> Because of that, junit tests should reuse a mock, which I think the maven
> plugin should help with, but I don't know how well it works and what the
> effect is on in IDE testing. Lastly, because tservers spin up in new
> processes, it makes it overwhelmingly difficult to debug an iterator stack.
> Either mechanisms to improve debug hooks for the processes or an
> alternative iterator testing suite is in order.

> for
> conditional

+
Christopher 2013-11-14, 23:18