HBase >> mail # user >> remote connection using HBase Java client

remote connection using HBase Java client
Hi,

I have a standalone HBase 0.94.1 server running on my desktop. In the
hbase-site.xml file, I just set hbase.rootdir.
 From my laptop, i want to connect to HBase server in my desktop.

What should I change on my client and server HBase configuration files?
Also, what should I change on /etc/hosts file for client and server?

thank you,

Erman