Pig, mail # user - Trying to store a bag of tuples using AvroStorage.

+
Dan Young 2012-03-25, 04:35
+
Stan Rosenberg 2012-03-25, 14:41
Re: Trying to store a bag of tuples using AvroStorage.
Stan Rosenberg 2012-03-26, 15:11
Hi Dan,

Could you attach your script and sample input files for both cases
(with and without the schema).  In the case where no schema is
provided, the stack trace shows that
the 'pigSchema' which is passed into AvroStorageUtils.isTupleWrapper
has no name, hence the NPE.  I am not sure why that happens.
I will investigate further once I can execute your scripts.

Best,

stan

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Stan Rosenberg
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> This looks like an avro bug.  I'll have a look later tonight unless someone
> else has a more immediate answer.
>
> Best,
>
> stan
>
> On Mar 25, 2012 12:36 AM, "Dan Young" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm trying to store a bag of tuples using AvroStorage but am not able to
>> figure out what I'm doing wrong (or if it' supported).  What I have is the
>> following:
>>
>> grunt>illustrate c;
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> | c     | franchise_id:int     |
>> cast_and_crew:bag{:tuple(full_name:chararray)}|
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> |       | 213939               | {(Wang Junzheng), (Li Ling)}
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> When I try to store is via AvroStorage I'm getting an error. I've tried
>> both with and without specifying a schema  I've created a gist and posted
>> it here with the Pig Stack Trace.....
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/2191363
>>

>> If anyone has insight into what I'm doing wrong, and can help, I would
>> greatly appreciate the guidance.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Dan
+