Pig >> mail # user >> index of the lines in file

+
Dan Yi 2013-02-05, 18:54
Re: index of the lines in file
Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't think you can get direct index for
each row in Pig. HBase is a better candidate doing this.

But you can write your own UDF to add row number of tuples in a bag.

Johnny
On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Dan Yi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a file with one id(string) at each line,
> Is there easy way given any id I can find its
> Index in the file, eg the line #?
>
> For example, the file looks like this:
> item1
> item4
> itme17
> itme8
> ..
>
> Given item17, its index in the file is 3
>
> thanks

+
Cheolsoo Park 2013-02-06, 01:13