Hadoop >> mail # general >> Java Versions and Hadoop

Re: Java Versions and Hadoop
I hate to sound like the folks who only recently stopped using 1.4, but I am
afraid that Todd is right on here.

The folks who are desperate for new features are being siphoned off by Scala
and Clojure which is leaving a core of recalcitrant termagants like me.  I
think that it is going to take something as major as the EOL of Java 6 to
get big projects to allow code that requires Java 7.