HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: hadoop namenode recovery

Re: hadoop namenode recovery
Hello Bejoy,

Thank you for the information.
about the Hadoop HA 2.x releases, they are in Alpha phase and I cannot use
them for production. For my requirements, the cluster is supposed to be
extremely Available. Availability is of highest concern. I have looked into
different distributions as well.. such as Hortonworks, they also have the
same problem of Single point of failure. And are waiting for Apache to
release the Hadoop 2.x.

I was wondering, if I can somehow configure two Name Nodes on the same
Network with the same IP Address, but the second name node is redirected
only after the failure of the primary, that might help in automatic
resolution of this problem. all the slaves are connecting to the Name Node
with a network alias in their /etc/hosts file.
I am trying to implement something like this in the cluster:
http://networksandservers.blogspot.de/2011/04/failover-clustering-i.html

please suggest if this is possible.

Thanks for your time.
Regards,