HBase, mail # user - Row Key Design in time based aplication

Row Key Design in time based aplication
Mehmet Simsek 2013-02-17, 19:33
Hi,

I want to hold event log data in hbase but I couldn't decide row key. I must hold project id and time,I will use project ld and time combination while searching.

Row key can be below

ProjectId+timeInMs

In similiar application(open source TSDB) time is divided 1000 to round in this project.I can use this strategy but I don't know how we decide what divider must be?  1000 or 10000.

Why time is divided 1000 in this application? why didn't be hold without division?

Can you explain this strategy?
+
James Taylor 2013-02-17, 22:50
+