HBase >> mail # user >> Number of column families vs Number of column family qualifiers

Re: Number of column families vs Number of column family qualifiers
Hi.

One additional issue with column families: number of memstores. Each
family on insert utilizies
one memstory. If you'll write in several memstores at onces you get
more memstores and more
memory will be used by you region server. Especially with random
inserts you can easy get
gc timeouts or OOME.