Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Is there an option to disable the init command?

+
David Medinets 2013-05-06, 21:22
+
Christopher 2013-05-06, 21:35
+
David Medinets 2013-05-06, 21:36
Re: Is there an option to disable the init command?
On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 5:36 PM, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Unless you're dumb like and put --clear-instance-name into a script.

This option does not delete any data in hdfs or zookeeper.  If the
directory exist in hdfs, then the init command should still fail.  If you
are using a new dir in hdfs and an existing instance name, then that option
will change a pointer in zookeeper, but it will not delete anything in
zookeeper.   The all the data related in instance is stored under a UUID in
zookeeper.  There is a mapping in zookeeper from instance name to instance
id.   The clear instance name option causes this mapping to be set even if
the name exist.  You can go into zookeeper and point the name back to the
old id.