HBase >> mail # dev >> Overriding Hadoop 2 version on the command line

+
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-22, 18:03
Re: Overriding Hadoop 2 version on the command line
This incantation appears to work for me. Presumably you have a local
install of 2.0.4-SNAPSHOT? Are you sure that version permutation is what
you intend?

-n

$ mvn dependency:tree -Dhadoop.profile=2.0 -Dhadoop-two.version=2.0.3-alpha
| grep hadoop-common
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-common:jar:2.0.3-alpha:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-common:jar:2.0.3-alpha:compile
[INFO] |  |  +- org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-common:jar:2.0.3-alpha:compile
[INFO] +- org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-common:jar:2.0.3-alpha:compile
[INFO] |  +-
org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-common:test-jar:tests:2.0.3-alpha:compile

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> It doesn't seem possible to override hadoop-two.version on the maven
> command line, e.g.
>
>     mvn -Dhadoop.profile=2.0 -Dhadoop-two.version=2.0.4-SNAPSHOT
> -Dhadoop.version=2.0.4-SNAPSHOT ...
>
> doesn't actually select 2.0.4-SNAPSHOT, I have to edit the POM by hand.
> Looking at the POM, I don't see why this wouldn't work. Perhaps someone
> with stronger Maven-foo than I can point out the error of my ways?
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
>    - Andy

> (via Tom White)