Hive >> mail # user >> How Can I store the Hive query result in one file ?

+
Matouk IFTISSEN 2013-07-04, 09:42
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-07-04, 10:38
+
Bertrand Dechoux 2013-07-04, 11:09
+
Michael Malak 2013-07-04, 14:53
+
Matouk IFTISSEN 2013-07-04, 15:20
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-07-04, 15:30
Re: How Can I store the Hive query result in one file ?
Normally if use set mapred.reduce.tasks=1 you get one output file. You can
also look at
*hive*.*merge*.*mapfiles*, mapred.reduce.tasks, hive.merge.reducefiles also
you can use a separate tool https://github.com/edwardcapriolo/filecrush
On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 6:38 AM, Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> will hive -e "query" > filename  or hive -f query.q > filename will do ?
>
> you specially want it to write into a named file on hdfs only?
>

> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Matouk IFTISSEN <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello Hive users,
>> Is there a manner to store the Hive  query result (SELECT *.....) in a
>> specfique and alone file (given the file name) like (INSERT OVERWRITE LOCAL
>> DIRECTORY '/directory_path_name/')?
>> Thanks for your answers
>>

> --
> Nitin Pawar