Hive, mail # user - Special characters in web log file causing issues

Special characters in web log file causing issues
Raj Hadoop 2013-07-08, 20:52

Hi ,

The log file that I am trying to load throuh Hive has some special characters

The field is shown below and the special characters ¿¿are also shown.
     Shockwave Flash
    in;Motive ManagementPlug-in;Google Update;Java(TM)Platform SE 7U21;McAfee SiteAdvisor;McAfee Virtual Technician;Windows     Live¿¿ Photo Gallery;McAfee SecurityCenter;Silverlig

The above is causing the record to be terminated and loading another line.  How can I avoid this type of issues and how to load the proper data ? Any suggestions please.
Thanks,
Raj;Chrome Remote Desktop Viewer;NativeClient;Chrome PDF Viewer;Adobe Acrobat;Microsoft Office 2010;Motive Plug-