Avro, mail # user - Trevni status

Trevni status
Ken Krugler 2013-03-01, 20:37
Hi all,

Any input as to the status of Trevni?

I'm researching column-oriented file formats that aren't tightly coupled to specific platforms - this precludes ORCFile, for example.

CIF seemed interesting, but IBM hasn't released the code. And Trevni seems to be a reasonable open source implementation of what they describe.

But I hadn't heard much about Trevni recently, or if anybody is using it for real work.

I see it mentioned in conjunction with Impala, but it sounds like that's on the roadmap versus being available yet.

For context, I'm looking into using a column store to speed up Cascading workflows.

Thanks,

-- Ken

PS - resending to user@, since the first email to dev@ seems to have disappeared…maybe I'm no longer getting dev@ emails?

Ken Krugler