Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [ANNOUNCE] Intend to build a 0.20.205.1 candidate next Friday 11 Nov.

[ANNOUNCE] Intend to build a 0.20.205.1 candidate next Friday 11 Nov.
Hi all,
I propose to make a 0.20.205.1 candidate soon, with the following sets of
patches:

   - deficiencies in HBase support, pointed out by the HBase team and others
   - deficiencies in webhdfs support on secure clusters
   - a couple last-minute fixes submitted to branch-0.20-security-205 that
   were too late to be included in 205.0

If you would like other patches included, and you feel it is appropriate to
have them in 205.1 rather than waiting for 206.0, please declare them by
setting the "Target Versions" field in their Jiras, and they will receive
due consideration, assuming that the proposed patch is actually
contributed, tested, reviewed, approved, and committed
to branch-0.20-security-205 by the freeze date :-)

I would like to make the rc0 candidate next Friday, so I propose to declare
205.1 code freeze at noon, PST, Friday 11 Nov.  If this is a problem for
anyone, please let me know.

Thank you, and best regards,
--Matt (Release Manager)