HBase >> mail # user >> Should I use HBASE?

Re: Should I use HBASE?
Hi,

I'd guess that you could relatively easily write something that writes that much data into your RDBMS and see how writes start behaving over time and how fast reads are after you are done with all writes.
Over at Sematext we have this thing called Scalable Performance Monitoring [1] service and we chose HBase to store all performance metrics, but we keep a LOT of data (points).

[1] http://sematext.com/spm/index.html
Not coincidentally, we also have HBase-specific monitoring and reports there.

Otis