Hadoop >> mail # user >> migrate cluster to different datacenter

+
Patai Sangbutsarakum 2012-08-03, 18:50
+
Chen He 2012-08-03, 19:40
Re: migrate cluster to different datacenter
thanks for response.
Physical move is not a choice in this case. Purely looking for copying
data and how to catch up with the update of a file while it is being
migrated.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Chen He <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> sometimes, physically moving hard drives helps.   :)
> On Aug 3, 2012 1:50 PM, "Patai Sangbutsarakum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Hadoopers,
>>
>> We have a plan to migrate Hadoop cluster to a different datacenter
>> where we can triple the size of the cluster.
>> Currently, our 0.20.2 cluster have around 1PB of data. We use only
>> Java/Pig.
>>
>> I would like to get some input how we gonna handle with transferring
>> 1PB of data to a new site, and also keep up with
>> new files that thrown into cluster all the time.
>>
>> Happy friday !!

Harit Himanshu 2012-08-03, 21:24
+
Michael Segel 2012-08-03, 21:57