HBase >> mail # user >> Hmaster can't start for the latest trunk version

+
Gaojinchao 2011-10-31, 04:12
+
Harsh J 2011-10-31, 04:44
Re: Hmaster can't start for the latest trunk version
Yes, HBASE-4510 broke running on one set of conditions, now the "fix"
in HBASE-4680 seems to have broken another.

Are the safe mode related changes from HBASE-4510 really necessary
right now?  Would it be possible to wait for HDFS-2413, when we have a
real API for checking safe mode?  Or do we absolutely need the change
in safe mode checking to run on 0.23?  The previous version of the
check at least did not have these issues.  If we don't strictly need
that change, I'd be in favor of reverting both HBASE-4680 and the
safe-mode related bits from HBASE-4510.
On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Gaojinchao,
>
> -user (bcc)
> +dev
>
> This appears to be due to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4680 (and also HBASE-4510 which sourced the whole issue), and is caused by the fact that /hbase doesn't exist yet when you first start it up. I've filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4705 for this.
>
> Workaround may be to "sudo -u hbase-user hadoop dfs -mkdir /hbase" before starting, for now.
>
> On 31-Oct-2011, at 9:42 AM, Gaojinchao wrote:
>
>> The latest trunk version.
>> Throw this logs:
>> 2011-10-31 00:09:09,549 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster: Unhandled exception. Starting shutdown.
>> java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: hdfs://C3S31:9000/hbase
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.getFileStatus(DistributedFileSystem.java:731)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.isInSafeMode(FSUtils.java:163)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.waitOnSafeMode(FSUtils.java:458)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.checkRootDir(MasterFileSystem.java:301)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.createInitialFileSystemLayout(MasterFileSystem.java:127)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.<init>(MasterFileSystem.java:112)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.finishInitialization(HMaster.java:426)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.run(HMaster.java:309)
>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>> 2011-10-31 00:09:09,551 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster: Aborting
>> 2011-10-31 00:09:09,551 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster: Stopping service threads

+
Harsh J 2011-10-31, 08:24
+
Stack 2011-10-31, 18:13