Accumulo, mail # user - Increase tserver startup timeout + iterations?

+
Jeff Blaine 2013-02-27, 14:38
+
John Vines 2013-02-27, 15:06
+
Eric Newton 2013-02-27, 15:13
Re: Increase tserver startup timeout + iterations?
John Vines 2013-02-27, 15:23
Wait for it to become extant or just wait for it to exit safe mode?
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We already wait on the NN.
>
> -Eric
>

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Not sure if non- existence of the name node is something we want to deal
>> with. I worry this will cause confusion and ambiguity for first time users
>> who point Accumulo at an empty Hadoop configuration.
>>
>> Sent from my phone, please pardon the typos and brevity.
>> On Feb 27, 2013 9:39 AM, "Jeff Blaine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> We spin up our slaves first, then the Hadoop namenode + Accumulo
>>> master afterward. By the time that comes up, tserver has exited
>>> on the Accumulo slaves.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to increase the tserver effort for connection
>>> to the master?
>>>
>>> Aside: is there really any reason for tserver to exit? Why not
>>> just do an exponential backoff of connection attempts until
>>> 30 seconds is hit, and then stay there infinitely?

+
Eric Newton 2013-02-27, 15:36
+
Eric Newton 2013-02-27, 14:48