Hadoop >> mail # general >> Update on hadoop-0.23

+
Arun C Murthy 2011-10-17, 17:17
Re: Update on hadoop-0.23
On behalf of Harsh w.r.t. HBASE-4510 HDFS-1620 related changes downstream
(For compiling with HDFS
0.23+)<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4510>

I need to open up some HDFS jiras and change the way HBase uses safemode
determinism in the meanwhile.

Cheers

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
>  Quick note - the dev community continues to scramble to get things wrapped
> up on hadoop-0.23.
>
>  We are down to ~30 blockers and I hope to see them resolved over the next
> two weeks!
>
>  Also, I feel Alejandro and Tom can finish up the remaining mavenization
> bits by then too - as I see it, it's very close... thanks guys!
>
>  Once done, I plan to call a vote on a hadoop-0.23.0 which we can start
> deploying (and further stabilizing) right-away.
>
>  My hope is that hadoop-0.23.0 is a strong alpha which we can then beat
> into shape after, the idea is to ship soon so we get folks to play with it
> and help downstream projects to integrate for e.g. Pig already works, and I
> know Todd is working on getting HBase to play well too.
>
> thanks,
> Arun

+
Harsh J 2011-10-19, 01:56