HBase, mail # user - Hbase sequential row merging in MapReduce job

+
Eric Czech 2012-10-19, 13:32
Re: Hbase sequential row merging in MapReduce job
Doug Meil 2012-10-19, 14:22

As long as you know your keyspace, you should be able to create your own
splits.  See TableInputFormatBase for the default implementation (which is
1 input split per region)

On 10/19/12 9:32 AM, "Eric Czech" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>Is there any way to create an InputSplit for a MapReduce job (reading from
>an HBase table) that guarantees sequential rows with some shared key
>prefix
>will end up in the same mapper?
>
>For example, if I have sequential keys like this:
>
>metric1_2010,
>metric1_2011,
>metric1_2012,
>metric2_2011,
>metric2_2012,
>
>I want a mapper that will definitely see all the rows with keys that start
>with "metric1".
>
>Is there a way to do this?
>
>Thank you!
+