HBase >> mail # user >> Hbase sequential row merging in MapReduce job

+
Eric Czech 2012-10-19, 13:32
Re: Hbase sequential row merging in MapReduce job

As long as you know your keyspace, you should be able to create your own
splits.  See TableInputFormatBase for the default implementation (which is
1 input split per region)

On 10/19/12 9:32 AM, "Eric Czech" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>Is there any way to create an InputSplit for a MapReduce job (reading from
>an HBase table) that guarantees sequential rows with some shared key
>prefix
>will end up in the same mapper?
>
>For example, if I have sequential keys like this:
>
>metric1_2010,
>metric1_2011,
>metric1_2012,
>metric2_2011,
>metric2_2012,
>
>I want a mapper that will definitely see all the rows with keys that start
>with "metric1".
>
>Is there a way to do this?
>
>Thank you!
+