Bigtop >> mail # dev >> Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bigtop 0.6.0 release

+
Andrew Purtell 2013-06-20, 20:42
Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bigtop 0.6.0 release
While I understand the motivation behind moving on with Sqoop2  based
releases (I was part of the 1.99.2 release) Sqoop 1.99.x  is an evolving
preview release and   I think it would make it easier  for Sqoop users if
we have both Sqoop2 and Sqoop 1.x available until there is some more
feature parity.   It may be a specific situation with Sqoop project alone
with two releases actively being developed.
I would propose this if there is an update.

Thanks
Venkat
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > If anyone needs to get Sqoop 1.4.3 back into the mix - given it works on
> > Hadoop 2.0.5 and YARN - it can be done pretty easily, thanks for the
> > goodness
> > of Bigtop development model.
> >

> The Sqoop 1.4.x based package from Bigtop 0.5 can be easily forward ported
> into 0.6. I didn't think of proposing this as a contribution because the
> 0.6 BOM has moved on with 1.99+.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
>    - Andy