HDFS, mail # dev - Re: [RESULT] - [VOTE] Rename hadoop branches post hadoop-1.x

Re: [RESULT] - [VOTE] Rename hadoop branches post hadoop-1.x
Owen O'Malley 2012-03-29, 15:00
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 03/28/2012 12:39 PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:
> > [ ... ] So the RM of the 2 branch needs to make the call of what
> > should be 2.1 vs 3.0.
>
> I thought these were community decisions, not RM decisions, no?

 What to release is the RM's decision and then voted on by the community.
We tried voting on which features to include and it led to no releases for
two years. I think our users are better served by having good usable
releases.

-- Owen