Hive, mail # user - Get current date in hive

Re: Get current date in hive
Mark Grover 2012-04-26, 00:54
Hi Saurabh,
You might want to consider populating the right hand side of this expression
local_dt >= date_sub(to_date(unix_timestamp()), 3)

in the Hive client code that is issuing the Hive query.

Mark

OANDA Corporation

www: oanda.com www: fxtrade.com
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Best Trading Platform" - World Finance's Forex Awards 2009.
"The One to Watch" - Treasury Today's Adam Smith Awards 2009.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Saurabh S" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:48:46 PM
Subject: Get current date in hive
Hi,

How do I get the current date in Hive? Specifically, I’m looking for the equivalent of following SQL where clause:

where LOCAL_DT >= current date - 3 day

I tried using

where local_dt >= date_sub(to_date(unix_timestamp()), 3)

but this method seems to be many times slower than hardcoding the date. local_dt is the local date and also the partition key for the table.