From: "Saurabh S" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:48:46 PM
Subject: Get current date in hive
Hi,

How do I get the current date in Hive? Specifically, I’m looking for the equivalent of following SQL where clause:

where LOCAL_DT >= current date - 3 day

I tried using

where local_dt >= date_sub(to_date(unix_timestamp()), 3)

but this method seems to be many times slower than hardcoding the date. local_dt is the local date and also the partition key for the table.