HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Connecting to standalone HBase from a remote client

+
matan 2012-11-26, 15:06
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-11-26, 15:28
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-26, 17:38
+
Stack 2012-11-26, 17:38
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-11-26, 17:42
+
Stack 2012-11-26, 17:49
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-26, 18:16
Re: Connecting to standalone HBase from a remote client
Hi Mohammad,

Your answer was right, just that specifying the master address is not
necessary (anymore I think). But it does no harm.
Changing the /etc/hosts (as you did) is right too.
Lastly, if the cluster is standalone and accessed locally, having localhost
in ZK will not be an issue. However, it's perfectly possible to have a
standalone cluster accessed remotely, so you don't want to have the master
to write "I'm on the server named localhost" in this case. I expect it
won't be an issue for communications between the region servers or hdfs as
they would be all on the same "localhost"...

Cheers,

Nicolas

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> what
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-26, 20:14
+