HBase, mail # user - multitable query

+
Weishung Chung 2012-08-10, 13:10
+
Amandeep Khurana 2012-08-10, 13:12
+
Weishung Chung 2012-08-10, 13:22
Re: multitable query
Amandeep Khurana 2012-08-10, 13:29
You can scan over one of the tables (using TableInputFormat) and do simple
gets on the other table for every row that you want to join.

An interesting question to address here would be - why even need a join.
Can you talk more about the data and what you are trying to do? In general
you really want to denormalize and not need joins when working with HBase
(or for that matter most NoSQL stores).

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Weishung Chung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Basically a join of two data sets on the same row key.
>
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Amandeep Khurana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > How do you want to use two tables? Can you explain your algo a bit?
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Weishung Chung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi HBase users,
> > >
> > > I need to pull data from 2 HBase tables in a mapreduce job. For 1 table
> > > input, I use TableMapReduceUtil.initTableMapperJob. Is there another
> > method
> > > for multitable inputs ?
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Wei Shung