HBase >> mail # user >> How long can I have a table open?

RE: How long can I have a table open?
There is not really a limit on that.  Underneath, the client will deal with following regions around if the move, a new master if there is a failover, etc...

The only thing that cannot be left open indefinitely is a scanner (they have a server-side lease and expire if left idle).

JG