Hive, mail # user - How to connect to HiveServer 2? (Only through JDBC?)

+
Christian Schneider 2013-06-26, 13:21
+
kentkong_work 2013-06-26, 14:08
+
Christian Schneider 2013-06-26, 14:27
+
kentkong_work 2013-06-26, 14:30
Re: How to connect to HiveServer 2? (Only through JDBC?)
David Morel 2013-06-27, 15:06
On 26 Jun 2013, at 15:21, Christian Schneider wrote:

> Hi,
> is JDBC the only way to connect to HiveServer 2?
>
> I can't find any documentation how to do it with java?
>
> There is a Thrift port open, but how to use that?
>
> Best Regards,
> Christian.

Generally you can generate some code using thrift (and the
cli_service.thrift file provided with hive).

An example of this for perl is now available here:

https://metacpan.org/source/DMOR/Thrift-API-HiveClient2-0.004

https://github.com/dmorel/Thrift-API-HiveClient2/

David Morel
+