HBase >> mail # user >> HBase 0.94.x vs Hadoop 2.0.x?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-11-22, 18:25
+
Harsh J 2012-11-22, 18:49
+
Marcos Ortiz 2012-11-22, 19:01
+
Harsh J 2012-11-22, 19:35
Re: HBase 0.94.x vs Hadoop 2.0.x?

On 11/22/2012 02:35 PM, Harsh J wrote:
> Marcos makes a good point btw - Move from 1.x to 2.x also involves
> recompiling your existing MR apps (if they are already built with
> maven, thats not too much work to do). But other than a few obvious
> issues caught by the java compiler, the APIs remain the same.
Good to know, Harsh.

> Marcos - response inline:
>
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Marcos Ortiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <snip>
>> So, it's means that, it's good to think to upgrade first all your applications from
>> Hadoop 1.x to Hadoop 2.x if you want to keep updated with HBase?
> Yes, the MR jobs and other apps would need to be recompiled along with this.
>
>> Where I can find the Development roadmap for HBase 0.96?
> Am unsure of a formal location for this. Perhaps a dev can comment. I
> merely try to follow as many JIRAs as I can. I do know snapshots and
> protobuf RPCs are some of the major work being done for this version,
> but others would probably know better.
It would be nice a official site for this.
For example, in the PostgreSQL Development process, the main developers
publishes an entry
in the wiki for every planed release. For example, for the last version
(9.2), look here:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.2_Development_Plan

and for the current development branch, look here:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.3_Development_Plan

It would be to follow a similar principal with HBase: having an entry in
the wiki where you
see which are the planed JIRAs to solve, or new features to include for
a new release, like
0.96 for example.

What do you think?
Best wishes