HBase >> mail # user >> quieting HBase metrics

Re: quieting HBase metrics
hbase metrics contains different types:RegionServerMetrics and
RegionServerDynamicMetrics.
And there are more metrics emitted from RegionServerDynamicMetrics,
especially in case that there are more regions in RS.
RegionServerMetrics and RSDM share one metrics context, which makes the
control become difficult.

In our production, we add a metrics filter in MetricsContext, which can be
configured as to our needs, which will reduce the amount of metrics, and
take a good effect.

--
Bing Jiang
weibo: http://weibo.com/jiangbinglover