Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Releasing 1.5

+
John Vines 2013-04-25, 17:48
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 17:56
John Vines 2013-04-25, 18:03
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 18:09
Christopher 2013-04-25, 18:32
John Vines 2013-04-25, 18:54
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 19:32
Josh Elser 2013-04-25, 19:37
John Vines 2013-04-25, 19:46
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 19:57
Josh Elser 2013-04-25, 20:06
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 20:30
Benson Margulies 2013-04-25, 20:41
Keith Turner 2013-04-26, 12:42
David Medinets 2013-04-26, 19:32
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-26, 20:19
John Vines 2013-04-26, 20:35
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-26, 21:47
+
Christopher 2013-04-26, 23:24
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-30, 04:01
Re: Releasing 1.5
I've always been an advocate of sticking to vanilla compatibility, but
maintaining ability to be compatible with other versions. Hadoop 2ish
things are the first case where we are beginning to see broken run-time
compatibility due to some API changes. While the fragmented state of hadoop
creates a larger set of jars, even just hadoop 1 vs. hadoop2 is enough to
break things. I think priority number 1 should be compile time
compatibility with everything, followed by attempts for full runtime
compatibility. Obviously this can't happen, but it can be achieved by
identical source but split compiled resources, and I think that may be
something we have to do. If we're putting in the legwork to know how to
successfully run against hadoop_variant_8271, we may as well provide a
compiled unit for it as well.

+
John Vines 2013-05-07, 15:10
+