Pig, mail # user - Question about properties for Loader

Question about properties for Loader
Jeff Yuan 2013-02-24, 23:33
I'm trying to write a loader, extending LoadFunc, to read a specific
file format.

My question, how do I pass properties to it (for example the schema of
the file type I'm loading)?  Would it be using the -p parameter from
the cmdline when issuing the query?

The second part of the question is, how would I access the passed in
property/configuration from the code?  So far I'm theorizing it's
something like this:
        Properties p = udfc.getUDFProperties(this.getClass(), new
String[]{ contextSignature });
        Configuration conf = udfc.getJobConf();
Then get it from p or conf?

Thanks a lot for any pointers.