Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Do we need the upgrade code anymore?

Do we need the upgrade code anymore?
Hi,

please be so kind and give a comment on ZOOKEEPER-1193, "Remove upgrade code".

ZOOKEEPER-5 introduced the upgrade feature in october 2008. It may be time to
think whether there are still installations in the wild that needs this
upgrade feature. Otherwise the respective code can be removed.

Even if there should be old installations, couldn't they just use some ZK 3.x
version to upgrade and we could still remove the upgrade code from the trunk?

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-10-14, 15:56