HBase >> mail # user >> PrefixFilter : not working for 'long' keys

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-04, 13:30
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-04, 14:32
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-04, 14:36
Re: PrefixFilter : not working for 'long' keys
Hi Mohammad,

Suppose your rowkey is 345346654. Are you trying to match this row on the
basis of prefix 3453?
If yes, then the default PrefixFilter wont work. I am a little skeptic that
prefix like this will work because AFAIK byte[] of 3453 is not guaranteed
to be a prefix of byte[] of 345346654.
I have played with a rowkey which is a sequence of long and short. In my
case it works as long as i am matching the entire variable(long,short,byte)
in Prefix Filter.

HTH,
Anil Gupta

--