HBase, mail # user - PrefixFilter : not working for 'long' keys

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-04, 13:30
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-04, 14:32
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-04, 14:36
Re: PrefixFilter : not working for 'long' keys
anil gupta 2012-12-04, 17:31
Hi Mohammad,

Suppose your rowkey is 345346654. Are you trying to match this row on the
basis of prefix 3453?
If yes, then the default PrefixFilter wont work. I am a little skeptic that
prefix like this will work because AFAIK byte[] of 3453 is not guaranteed
to be a prefix of byte[] of 345346654.
I have played with a rowkey which is a sequence of long and short. In my
case it works as long as i am matching the entire variable(long,short,byte)
in Prefix Filter.

HTH,
Anil Gupta

--