Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Hadoop Archives under 0.23

Re: Hadoop Archives under 0.23

El 02/10/2012 2:12, Alexander Hristov escribi�:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to test the Hadoop archive functionality under 0.23 and I
> can't get it working.
>
> I have in HDFS a /test folder with  several text files. I created a
> hadoop archive using
>
> hadoop archive -archiveName test.har -p /test *.txt  /sample
>
> Ok, this creates a /sample/test.har with the appropriate parts
> (_index, _SUCCESS,_masterindex,part-0).  Performing a cat on _index
> shows the texts files.
> However, when I try to even list the contents of the HAR file using
>
> hdfs dfs -ls -R har:///sample/test.har
The right command to do this is:
hdfs dfs -lsr har:///sample/test.har

> I simply get "har:///sample/test.har : No such file or directory"! WTF?
>
> Accessing the individual files does work, however:
>
> hdfs dfs -cat har:///sample/test.har/file.txt
>
> works
>
> Regards
>
> Alexander
>

> 10mo. ANIVERSARIO DE LA CREACION DE LA UNIVERSIDAD DE LAS CIENCIAS
> INFORMATICAS...
>
> http://www.uci.cu

Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda,
Data Engineer && Senior System Administrator at UCI
Blog: http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcosluis2186
Twitter: @marcosluis2186

http://www.uci.cu