HDFS, mail # user - How is sharing done in HDFS ?

How is sharing done in HDFS ?
Agarwal, Nikhil 2013-05-22, 08:29
Hi,

Can anyone guide me to some pointers or explain how HDFS shares the information put in the temporary directories (hadoop.tmp.dir, mapred.tmp.dir, etc.) to all other nodes?

I suppose that during execution of a MapReduce job, the JobTracker prepares a file called jobtoken and puts it in the temporary directories. which needs to be read by all TaskTrackers. So, how does HDFS share the contents? Does it use nfs mount or ....?

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil