Zookeeper, mail # user - use cases for asynchronous API

+
Pierre Louis Aublin 2012-02-08, 22:09
+
Pierre Louis Aublin 2012-02-08, 22:11
Re: use cases for asynchronous API
Benjamin Reed 2012-02-08, 23:46
the yahoo services mention use asynchronous operations a lot. during
startup and reconfig they would have to modify a bunch of znodes. by
shooting off the modifications asynchronously, they were able to
drastically reduce the startup and reconfig time.

ben

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Pierre Louis Aublin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> I would like to know if the asynchronous operations of the client API are
> often used in applications that use Zookeeper.
> In [1] I found 3 applications built on Zookeeper (the Yahoo! Fetching
> Service, Katta and the Yahoo! Message Broker). However, I do not find if
> they use the synchronous or asynchronous operations.
>
> The big question I am trying to answer is : is it relevant to consider a
> closed-loop model in order to benchmark replicated services (Zookeeper being
> a good candidate to build replicated services)? Can you give me any clue on
> that?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Pierre Louis Aublin
>
> [1] ZooKeeper: Wait-free Coordination for Internet-scale Systems, Patrick
> Hunt and Mahadev Konar, /Yahoo! Grid;/ Flavio P. Junqueira and Benjamin
> Reed, /Yahoo! Research/
+
Pierre Louis Aublin 2012-02-09, 09:32
+