Hadoop >> mail # general >> HADOOP-7106: Re-organize hadoop subversion layout

Re: HADOOP-7106: Re-organize hadoop subversion layout
On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 08:00, Owen O'Malley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> After considering it this morning, I believe that the least disruptive move is to leave common at the same url and merge hdfs and mapreduce back in:
>
> $prefix/common/trunk/* -> $prefix/common/trunk/common/*
> $prefix/hdfs/trunk -> $prefix/common/trunk/hdfs
> $prefix/mapreduce/trunk -> $prefix/common/trunk/mapreduce

This seems like adding an insult to injury by creating an artificial
SVN layout and moving what deemed to be an unrelated components into
common's namespace.

The original proposal seems much more straight forward.

Cos