MapReduce >> mail # user >> Large input files via HTTP

Re: Large input files via HTTP
data ingress is often done as an initial MR job.

Here is sounds like you'd need
-a list of URLs, which you can have a single mapper run through and  map to
(hostname,url)

which feeds to the reducer:

hostname [url1, url2, ..]

the reducer on each hostname key can do the GET operations for that host,
using whatever per-host limits you have. Remember to keep sending
heartbeats to the Task Tracker so it knows that your process is alive. Oh,
and see if you grab any content-length and checksum header keys to verify
at the end of a long download -you don't want to accidentally pull a
half-complete D/L into your work.

once the files are in HDFS you can do more work on them, which is where
something like an OOzie workflow can be handy.