HBase >> mail # user >> JVM seg fault in HBase region server

+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-01, 20:54
Re: JVM seg fault in HBase region server
>From what I see from
ldd --version
ldd (Ubuntu EGLIBC 2.15-0ubuntu10.3) 2.15

We are running eglibc which is somewhat different from glibc -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embedded_GLIBC.

It seems that this is a problem with Ubuntu, have folks seen this on non
ubuntu installs ?

Thanks
Varun
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Varun Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am seeing the following which is a JVM segfault:
>
> hbase-regionser[28734]: segfault at 8 ip 00007f269bcc307e sp
> 00007fff50f7e638 error 4 in libc-2.15.so[7f269bc51000+1b5000]
>
> Benoit Tsuna reported a similar issue a while back -
> http://blog.tsunanet.net/2011/05/jvm-u24-segfault-in-clearerr-on-jaunty.html
>
> I wonder if there was ever a resolution on the issue. We are running java
> version "1.6.0_38"
> , ubuntu precise 12.04 - kernel 3.2. The libc version from the above line
> seems to be 2.15.
>
> I wonder if people have seen this in the past and if yes, were they able
> to resolve it and if yes, then how ? Was it a VM upgrade, a kernel upgrade
> or a libc upgrade ?
>
> Thanks
> Varun

+