Avro, mail # user - Schema File

Re: Schema File
ranjith raghunath 2012-11-17, 15:46
Thanks for response. When you say avro tools you mean avro-tools-.....jar
right?

Let me also run the flow by all of you. Use sqoop to download data from an
rdbms to avro format. Use avro tools to extract schema file. Use avro serde
to generate/update hive table. So this would eliminate the need for
statically mapping the fields in hive.

Is this flow one that makes sense?