Pig >> mail # user >> Ramdom behavior of PIG ???

+
Vincent Barat 2011-07-26, 17:39
+
Vincent Barat 2011-07-26, 17:40
+
Vincent Barat 2011-08-26, 14:54
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2011-08-26, 16:15
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-07-26, 18:16
Re: Ramdom behavior of PIG ???
Dmitriy,

Does the HBaseStorage class from Pig 0.8.1 and HBase 90.3 work together?  We
just upgraded our HBase cluster and a developer found some issues and we
aren't sure if they are related to the upgrade.

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Dmitriy Ryaboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Vincent, can you try replacing the HBase classes with those from trunk?
> A couple of fixes went in that might address that.
> Also, make sure you are running 0.90.3

> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Vincent Barat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using PIG 0.8.1 with HBase 0.90 and the following script sometime
> > returns an empty set, and sometimes work !
> >

> > start_sessions = LOAD 'startSession' USING
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.*
> > *hbase.HBaseStorage('meta:sid meta:infoid meta:imei meta:timestamp') AS
> > (sid:chararray, infoid:chararray, imei:chararray, start:long);
> > end_sessions = LOAD 'endSession' USING
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.**hbase.HBaseStorage('meta:sid
> > meta:timestamp meta:locid') AS (sid:chararray, end:long,
> locid:chararray);
> > infos = LOAD 'info.mde253811.preprod.**ubithere.com<
> http://info.mde253811.preprod.ubithere.com>'
> > USING org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.**hbase.HBaseStorage('meta:**infoid')
> > AS (infoid:chararray);
> > sessions = JOIN start_sessions BY sid, end_sessions BY sid;
> > sessions = JOIN sessions BY infoid, infos BY infoid;
> > dump sessions;
> >
> > (dumping the "infos" before the sessions seems to make it work)
> >

> > Any idea about this very irritating behavior ?

+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-07-26, 19:39
+
Vincent Barat 2011-07-27, 08:06