HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Estimating disk space requirements

Re: Estimating disk space requirements
It all depend what you want to do with this data and the power of each
single node. There is no one size fit all rule.

The more nodes you have, the more CPU power you will have to process
the data... But if you 80GB boxes CPUs are faster than your 40GB boxes
CPU ,maybe you should take the 80GB then.

If you want to get better advices from the list, you will need to
beter define you needs and the nodes you can have.

JM