Accumulo >> mail # dev >> 1.4 merged to 1.5 -- Review request

+
Josh Elser 2013-07-24, 00:52
Re: 1.4 merged to 1.5 -- Review request
There's a difference between 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT and
1.5.1-SNAPSHOT-1.4.4-SNAPSHOT-merged in .gitignore and in
server/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/server/trace/TraceServer.java

The additions to the .gitignore file are redundant and shouldn't be
there. I'm not sure which is "correct" for the TraceServer code, but
it seems odd that this change is there (unless you introduced it to
test us!). I also made an additional commit to 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT that
should merge relatively cleanly to the merged branch, but I didn't
push it to your merged branch, if you wanted to pick that one up as
well.

Aside from that, it looks okay to me. Are the duplicated commits going
to be a problem, or just a minor inconvenience? I'm not too worried
about that, so long as the full history is there.

I'm a tiny bit worried that some things were fixed in the 1.4 branch
in svn that never got merged forward, but I'm not concerned enough to
do the deep dive and check every commit.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 8:52 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I noticed that no one has done the `git co 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT && git merge -s
> ours 1.4.4-SNAPSHOT` yet. So, I did.
>
> Things look fairly consistent (lots of duplicated commits that the svn->git
> conversion didn't catch), but 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT builds.
>
> I'd appreciate if someone who's been working more closely with
> 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT can take a look at what's up there now. In an effort to not
> get into situations where we have to deal with a bad merge, I pushed up a
> new branch named "1.5.1-SNAPSHOT-1.4.4-SNAPSHOT-merged".
>
> - Josh
+
Josh Elser 2013-07-24, 02:21
+