HBase, mail # dev - Artifact id for HBase - trunk

Re: Artifact id for HBase - trunk
Jesse Yates 2013-02-25, 17:35
No worries Ram!

In this case, yes the artifactID is indeed 'hbase', but because it is a
parent module it doesn't make an actual artifact. From the sonatype maven
book:

The parent project doesn’t create a JAR or a WAR like our previous
> projects; instead, it is simply a POM that refers to other Maven projects.
> The appropriate packaging for a project like simple-parent that simply
> provides a Project Object Model is pom.

           -
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnex-book/reference/multimodule-sect-simple-parent.html

So another project could reference it, but it really wouldn't do anything
for that project because there is no code content in that dependency.

-Jesse

Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com