Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Re: binary release artifacts

+
Eric Yang 2013-09-13, 22:53
+
ant elder 2013-09-22, 05:01
+
Tim Williams 2013-09-14, 00:18
+
ant elder 2013-09-14, 06:55
+
Luciano Resende 2013-09-14, 01:23
binary release artifacts
Hi Chukwa devs,
I noticed you have a binary convenience artifact in the release
location[1] that doesn't have a LICENSE or a NOTICE in it. In looking
back at the release vote[2][3], it seems like you chose to only vote a
source release (admittedly easier).

You can't vote on a source-only release and then also release the
binary artifact.  I think you guys should remove the binary from dist.

Then, there's the potential that I'm missing something here, in which
case, I'd appreciate an explanation:)

Thanks,
--tim

[1] - http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/chukwa/chukwa-0.5.0/