Pig >> mail # dev >> Making git the repo of choice for Pig?

+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-03-21, 06:22
+
Alan Gates 2012-03-21, 16:36
+
Russell Jurney 2012-03-21, 19:47
+
Bill Graham 2012-03-22, 04:03
+
Russell Jurney 2012-03-22, 04:17
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-03-22, 04:39
+
Russell Jurney 2012-03-22, 04:57
+
Scott Carey 2012-03-22, 17:40
+
Russell Jurney 2012-03-22, 21:02
+
Russell Jurney 2012-03-22, 21:06
+
Daniel Dai 2012-03-22, 21:07
+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-03-22, 19:02
+
Daniel Dai 2012-03-22, 20:58
+
Russell Jurney 2012-03-22, 21:08
+
Daniel Dai 2012-03-22, 21:18
+
Russell Jurney 2012-03-22, 21:41
+
Scott Carey 2012-03-22, 22:33
+
Russell Jurney 2012-03-23, 00:59
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-03-24, 00:27
Re: Making git the repo of choice for Pig?
My 2 cents, based on the S4 project experience so far (they have git) is +1
but later.

The process with git is still a bit fuzzy and not fully integrated and
standardized like the one with svn.
I personally use git for all my dev work with Pig, but then switch to svn
to generate the final patch. A bit cumbersome but not so bad.

Switching now will generate confusion and is not that urgent in my humble
opinion.

Cheers,
--
Gianmarco

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 01:27, Dmitriy Ryaboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is a check box you check when you upload a patch. If we committed
> without verifying you checked it, thats an unfortunate oversight.
>
> No, you cant send a pull request via github to apache. That's a github
> (commercial entity) feature, not a git (open source vcs) feature.
>
> Yes you can post a link on a Jira and ask people for review prior to
> submitting a formal patch.  No that's not review board or Jira integration.
>

> On Mar 22, 2012, at 5:59 PM, Russell Jurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > That is fine.  Only committers can merge pull requests.  Not a problem.
> >
> > I've never signed anything, and committers take my patches.  Works the
> same.
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Scott Carey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
> >

> >> There is a legal issue as well. Uploading a patch to JIRA requires the
> >> user to grant apache license to use the code.  A pull request from
> github
> >> does not.
> >> This is all being hashed out elsewhere, none of us here are experts.

>  Maybe

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> the

+
Russell Jurney 2012-03-27, 09:36
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-03-27, 16:41
+
Bill Graham 2012-03-27, 18:10
+
Scott Carey 2012-03-27, 18:16
+
Russell Jurney 2012-03-27, 21:48
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-03-28, 05:43
+
Scott Carey 2012-03-29, 01:16
+
Russell Jurney 2012-04-03, 22:36
+
Alan Gates 2012-04-03, 22:55
+
Russell Jurney 2012-04-03, 23:56
+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-04-04, 00:11
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2012-04-04, 04:46
+
Russell Jurney 2012-04-04, 00:16
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-04-04, 03:59
+
Russell Jurney 2012-04-04, 04:48
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-04-04, 14:49
+
Russell Jurney 2012-04-04, 18:35
+
Bill Graham 2012-04-04, 20:30
+
Russell Jurney 2012-04-04, 20:48
+
Russell Jurney 2012-04-03, 22:45
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-03-28, 13:46
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-03-22, 05:20
+
Russell Jurney 2012-03-22, 05:30