Avro, mail # user - avrogencpp generates vector of $Undefined$ type

+
Jan van der Lugt 2012-08-18, 07:10
+
Jan van der Lugt 2012-08-26, 08:24
Re: avrogencpp generates vector of $Undefined$ type
Harsh J 2012-08-26, 12:26
I'm not an expert on the Avro C++ implementation, but I wonder if this
is cause of the nulls not being checked for in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/avro/trunk/lang/c++/impl/avrogencpp.cc's
CodeGen::cppTypeOf method.

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Jan van der Lugt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry to be impatient, but could someone please comment on this issue? I
> know that the C++ version isn't as popular as the Java version, but the
> whole idea is to make information exchange between applications in different
> languages easier, right?
>
> - Jan
>

> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 12:10 AM, Jan van der Lugt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> After deciding on Apache Avro for one of the main formats for storing our
>> graph data, I tried to integrate it with our graph processing system built
>> in C++. If I generate a header file from the attached Avro schema using
>> avrogencpp, I get a vector of type $Undefined$ somewhere in the generated
>> code (see the snippet below). Is there an error in my schema or is this a
>> bug in avrogencpp? Thanks in advance for your help!
>>
>> - Jan
>>
>>> static void decode(Decoder& d, gm::gm_avro_graph_avpr_Union__5__& v) {
>>> size_t n = d.decodeUnionIndex();
>>> if (n >= 2) { throw avro::Exception("Union index too big"); }
>>> switch (n) {
>>> case 0:
>>> d.decodeNull();
>>> v.set_null();