HBase, mail # user - EC2 Elastic MapReduce HBase install recommendations

EC2 Elastic MapReduce HBase install recommendations
Pal Konyves 2013-05-08, 02:01
Hi,

Has anyone got some recommendations about running HBase on EC2? I am
testing it, and so far I am very disappointed with it. I did not change
anything about the default 'Amazon distribution' installation. It has one
MasterNode and two slave nodes, and write performance is around 2500 small
rows per sec at most, but I expected it to be way  better. Oh, and this is
with batch put operations with autocommit turned off, where each batch
containes about 500-1000 rows... When I do it with autocommit, it does not
even reach the 1000 rows per sec.

Every nodes were m1.Large ones.

Any experiences, suggestions? Is it worth to try the RMap distribution
instead of the amazon one?

Thanks,
Pal
+
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmase... 2013-05-08, 02:31
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-05-08, 02:41
+
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmase... 2013-05-08, 02:42
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-09, 04:04
+
Amandeep Khurana 2013-05-09, 04:12